Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Linkin Park- Minutes to Midnight

First of all- Its fucking great to hear some new music from LP :) LP's 3rd studio album- Minutes to Midnight. Its a mix of classic rock and hip-hop. Well I am not really impressed with this album. Its just not LP. Among all I only liked Bleed It Out and What I've Done. Bleed it out is a kickass hip hop ballad! while What I ve Done is nu-metal. This album is a result of their experimentation and looks like they are dropping from nu-metal :( which is not good.

I found this at songmeanings.com referring to Bleed It Out lyrics!


For some reason, I actually think this song is a self satire of their own lyrics on previous albums.
"and here we go for the hundredth time"

- A jab at repetitiveness?

"grind myself out and no one cares"

-They express their emotions on their songs and yet critics don't seem to respect them?

"I bleed it out, digging deeper just to throw it away"

- Translation: I put my life in my lyrics, digging deeper, but it's useless?

No comments: