Friday, April 06, 2007

Exams and shit

I ve fucked it up again. Everyday I assure myself that I ll start studying soon enough but havent really started anything. I ve yet to buy the books and dont even know which ones to buy. Vivas are starting from first week of May and I am still clueless about the syllabus.

          I think I have a faint idea why is this happening to me. But I am not yet sure whether I am ready to accept it or not. Normally my classmates try to do their best in the last two semesters because thats what people ask when an engineer passes out(and not aggregate). But I no longer have this feeling of scoring marks. All I know is that I am just gonna "clear" this semester. I dont care if I get 40% or 60%. Even my mom doesnt care unless I fail.


So the question that is nagging me is whether I should really perform by really working my ass out or just get 40% and dont give a fuck. I am capable of doing both- just clearing and performing well. But why would I want to do that. Now there's no expectation/obligation from anyone to perform well(except Accenture who want me have atleast 55% or so as aggregate).

Well you may think what a looser I am to write something lame as this. But the point of this post is to tell how much our education sucks. There's no fucking point to study for the knowledge sake. Its all BS. And to top all this- half of our professors dont even know what they are teaching. All this has really put me off from actually learning the stuff I am supposed to as an engineer. No wonder why so many Indians go to abroad to pursue further studies AND NEVER RETURN BACK.




1 comment:

Vidya Natarajan said...

a thing to b pondered upon indeed....our education system indeed sucks!!