Sunday, April 22, 2007

In this World- A docudrama about human smuggling


Yesterday I saw this film with my friends and almost everyone was stunned in the end. Very few films have brought tears in my eyes and this is one of them. And believe me when I say this there has to be something really
great about this movie. This tale of Afghan refugees is strong, thought-provoking stuff.
This pseudo-documentary makes it's point without being preachy. I felt I was there with these beautiful unfortunate young men on the horrendous journey to escape their life of poverty in a refugee camp. The photography is simply stunning and captures the very essence of the character's journey. There's no much dialogues in this film but it speaks for itself. There are many scenes that makes you contemplate
about why life is so cruel sometimes.
Interestingly I saw an article in today's paper about Astronaut's view about earth(since its an Earth Day today). Among them Bill Anders told, "It was the only colour we could see in the universe.....We 're living on a tiny little dust mote.....And basically, this is it for humans. It strikes me that it's a shame that we 're squabbling over oil and borders."

So please go watch/recommend this movie and let it be known to the world.
IMDB:http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0310154/

No comments: