Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Microsoft Vista....*yawn*

Microsoft's Vista is under a scanner with so many 0-day exploits coming up lately. It seems MS has again failed to come up with a secure OS. Even the new IE7 has a few critical flaws that potentially means web users could become infected with malicious software simply by visiting a booby-trapped site. Despite MS assertions about the improved reliability of Vista, many in the industry are taking a wait-and-see approach.
0-day flaws are floating around the web and offered at an hefty price too.
I am glad I dont have a very high-end desktop. Otherwise I would have been tempted to use Vista. Anyways I am happy with my Ubuntu desktop. And also XGL beats Vista's GUI anyday. I havent found a single reason to install Vista and havent even recommended any of my friends unless they are Windows fanatics. I was laughing as hell when one of my friend bought a 512 MB Nvidia gfx card and 2GB RAM just to see how Vista 'looks'. Needless to say he was impressed with vista. But then I showed him a video of XGL desktop in action and he is happily using it alongwith(dualboot) good old WinXP!

Tech Tags:

No comments: