Friday, November 24, 2006

Avoid annoying focus (GMAIL) in Opera

I am sure there are many ppl who are annoyed when gmail steals the focus from other tab.
We can avoid that in Opera browser by changing the Javascript preference.
1. Click |Tools|
              |_
                  Preferences
                           |_ 
                               Advanced (tab)
                                            |_
                                                Content
2. now click on Javascript Options
3. Uncheck |Allow raising of windows|
4. Press OK

Now webpages wont steal the focus from ur current tab.

3 comments:

Ashutosh Deo said...

thanks buddy.. works effectively..

i just switched over to opera.. it rocks!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot!!

I have been so annoyed with that focus stealing behavior of GMail - and I haven't expected that "Raising of Windows" in the Opera Preferences describes what I was looking for... ^^

Anonymous said...

Most excellent! I use Opera and I hate this "feature" of Gmail. Perfect find!