Thursday, November 23, 2006

Instrumentation Systems (IS)

IS is one of our subject prescribed by Mumbai University(Sem. VII). I have my exam on this subject on 25th, Nov.
    Well I was so afraid of this subject all thanks to our professor Mr. Halbe. He literally forced into our minds that IS is very difficult subject and many students fail in the test simply because they dont write what is asked in the question.
    Now when I was going through the past university papers, I was shocked to see that almost 60% to 70% questions are repeated everyyear and they too are not that difficult ones. Also our prof told us that we have to go through 10s of books to write an optimum answer. But for me only one book(Instrumentation- Devices & Systems by Rangan, Mani, Sarma) was enough to not only understand the basics of many instrument systems but also to reproduce the matter in the exam. 
     I really dont understand why he scared us. He never taught us a single topic related to syllabus. I agree that profs should teach things that are out-of-syllabus. But that topics should be relavant to today's world. 
He cant teach topics that are absolutely obsolete.
Ahhh forget it I can go on and on.....time to study.

I hope I do well in this exam.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As an ex-Somiayite I can understand your annoyance. Don't get psyched by his words. You should do well in the exam.
Back in my days he used to teach Integrated Circuits - Digital, and absolutely scared everyone shitless on how tough the concepts are or how hard it is to draw "stick diagrams". He also declared that this field is beyond most students in the class.
Not only did I kick butt in the exam but now I am designing processors at Intel. Wonder what Mr.Halbe would have to say about that.