Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Connecting rural India with Wifi

Mr. Samir Somaiya, Trustee of KJSCE invited me and 3 of my friends to be a part of this project :- Wifi Internet access to rural India. He has told us to work on the security aspect of Wifi.
So we will be mostlyworking on authentication and encryption part of the project. Although the project is based on Open Source system.

In the next meeting I am surely gonna ask this question of restricting wifi access, but anyways I have to work on the security aspect coz we just cant keep the system open to hackers
For getting a quick info of what we are doing visit http://witopia.blogspot.com/2006/10/open-source-wifi-mesh.html



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ask samir somaiya to install WiFi in kjsce first!!!!

z0ltrix said...

hey dude/dudette punching ur name wouldnt kill a cat.

anyways...day before yesterday I went to the office. I saw some drawings on the board....Something *is* being chalked out for kjsce. So wait n watch till Havanet creates *the first* wifi campus ;)